Friday, Sept. 11, 2026 - Wyoming, South Dakota, and Nebraska = A Long Day. After 12 hours, 606 miles (and 26 Post Offices), I checked into the Super 8 in O'Neill, Nebraska at 9:15 PM:
The 26 Post Offices cover from Toronto to the end of Long Island:
A "Wyoming Sunrise":
Another iconic "Buttes and Railroad" photo:
I had told Wendy of something fun I had seen out west - a pair of horses, standing next to each other, stem-to-stern. They use their tails to keep the flies off each other's heads:
Wyoming has a healthy population of Pronghorn Antelope:
I went up the road to grab the Post office in "Recluse, Wyoming 82725". I sure hope they have more than 7 people:
I don't know - "Drive-Up Window" at a liquor store just doesn't strike me as a good idea:
I continued east, entering South Dakota at 1 PM:
Very Cool Rock Formations, and a lot more trees:
I visited Wind Cave National Park - "National Park" designation is a great way to preserve the natural landscape:
Well, lo-and-behold, I'm back down on Hwy 20 - Thank You God for these "Blue Highways":
I entered the "Central Time Zone" at 6 PM (or was it 5 PM? or 7 PM?):
Shortly thereafter, I rolled-over 10,000 miles for this trip!!!
Fun Wall-Art in Valentine, Nebraska:
The setting-sun behind me, lighting the clouds ahead of me:
After 606 miles, I checked into the Super 8 in O'Neill, Nebraska at 8:20 PM (or was it 9:20 PM?) (outside photo from the next morning):
Thank you God for this wonderful WYOMING-SOUTH DAKOTA-NEBRASKA Adventure Day!
Music for today:
In the Hotel Room:
Crosby & Nash - Another Stoney Evening, live album, recorded 1971, released 1978, last heard in a blog 12/14/2017. Perfect for "hotel room":
Time to hit The Road:
Work Money Death - Thought, Action, Reaction, Interaction, 2022 album, last heard in a blog never. "Modal, Avant-garde Jazz, Free Jazz":
various - The Golden Age Of Underground Radio With Tom Donahue, 1989 album, last heard never - very nice collection of songs and radio patter (Tom Donahue on KSAN, San Francisco) - sounds like a whole radio show from one night:
Jackson Browne - For Everyman, 1973 2nd album, last heard 9/01/2025 - excellent music, with desert motif, listened twice, lyrics 2nd song ("Our Lady of the Well"):
But it's a long way that I have come
Across the sand to find this peace among your people in the sun
Where the families work the land as they have always done
Oh it's so far the other way my country's gone
various - Finger Poppin' and Stompin' Feet, 2002 compilation album, last heard in a blog never - nice album:
various - Concerts for the People of Kampuchea, 1981 live concert album, last heard in a blog never Very Cool 4-cd set - The Who, The Pretenders, Paul McCartney, ...:
various - Classic Country: Road Songs, 2003 compilation album, last heard in a blog never. Actually, delete - not very good (except for Willie Nelson's "On The Road Again"):
various - Buzz Ballads, 2006 compilation album, last heard in a blog never. OK stuff, like listening to the radio:
various - Billboard Top Rock & Roll Hits: 1966, 1988 compilation album of songs from 1966, last heard in a blog never. Great, but 10 songs is a little short:
USA For Africa - We Are The World single, 1985 album, last heard in a blog never. It does take me back:
The Rolling Stones - Flowers, 1967 album, last heard in a blog never. twice - the hits are great, other tracks ok:
The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger EP, 1984 ep, last heard in a blog never. Cool single, plus live version of "Message in a Bottle":
The Kinks - Give The People What They Want (3 songs), 1981 album, last heard in a blog never. I only keep 3 songs - "Around the Dial", "Destroyer", and "Better Things":
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/




































No comments:
Post a Comment