Thursday, June 27, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 6-of-35 - June 27, 2024

Thursday, June 27, 2024 - Around midnight, I opened my tent cover and looked out at the clear sky and ALL THE STARS - Very Cool! Went back to sleep and got up around 5 AM:

It was 38 degrees as I left The Park this morning:

I usually see statues of Tyrannosaurus Rex on my Thursday drives into Boston, on Route 1 (orange, overlooking his domain; and at The Museum of Science), so it IS GREAT this Thursday Morning to see another one! Note my car in the corner, for scale:

There are lakes everywhere up here:

I visited Fushimi Lake Provincial Park:

A little after noon I reached MacLeod Provincial Park. Because I had stayed overnight up in René Brunelle Provincial Park, I can visit any other Provincial Park today for free:

There are some wonderful cliffs going down alongside Lake Nipigon:

Down in Nipigon there is a Viewing Tower, with 65 steps to the top:

At 4 PM I visited Ouimet Canyon Provincial Park. I was the only one there:

After 480 miles, at 5:45 PM I checked in to the Super 8, Thunder Bay, Ontario:

Pizza for dinner, computer work, and BED. WOW - Thank you God for this wonderful Driving/Provincial Parks/Adventure Day!

Driving Music for today:

because he sounded so good yesterday - Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething, 2003 album:

Jackson Browne - The Pretender, 1976 4th album - lyrics "Your Bright Baby Blues":

'Cause I've been up and down this highway
Far as my eyes can see
No matter how fast I run
I can never seem to get away from me

No matter where I am
I can't help thinking I'm just a day away
From where I want to be
Now I'm running home, baby
Like a river to the sea


Neil Young - Hitchhiker, recorded 1976, released 2017. I have a note to "tell the story of the album", but all I would be doing is quoting from the Wikipedia entry - go there and be entertained:

Spencer Brewer, Eric Tingstad & Nancy Rumbel - Emerald, 1986 new age album:

PERFECT for driving through the forest of Fushimi Lake Provincial Park:

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark, 1974 album - insert Tom Cronin story:

Gil Scott-Heron - Evolution (And Flashback): The Very Best Of Gil Scott-Heron, 1999 compliation album:

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy, 1978 3rd album:

The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street, 1972 album:

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus, 1977 album:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Experience - Live, 2000 compliation album:

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open, 2006 4th album:

R.E.M. - Fables Of The Reconstruction, 1985 3rd album:

Spirit - The Family That Plays Together, 1968 2nd album:

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment