Tuesday, June 25, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 4-of-35 - June 25, 2024

Tuesday, June 25, 2024 - I'm covering a lot of ground today - 461 miles. After gas and McDonald's coffee-for-my-travel-mug, I hit the road at 10 AM, and checked into the Rodeway Inn, Amos/Pikogan, Quebec at 7:30 PM - no stops:
To give you (and me) some perspective on where I am:

They have all kinds of fun tractor-type vehicles out here:

Like The Great Lakes, they have lakes up here that are so big that you cannot see the other side:

I'm traveling north on 167:

There is beauty everywhere up here:

I got as far north as the Canada Post in Chibougamau - but where is NEMASKA???:

Oh, up THERE!

Driving West, all I can say is "Thank You God for this overcast cloud cover!":

Driving west on 113 South (or "Sud" for local lingo):

1,250 miles into this Road Trip, I hit 20,000 miles on my new Subaru Crosstrek!

So - I'm driving along, expecting to see a big lake on my left. It was there, so I pulled in right afterward, and went down a nice trail:

Which took me to a brand new bridge, with a great view:

After 461 miles, I checked-in to the Rodeway Inn, Amos/Pikogan, Quebec at 7:30

And then out-to-dinner with my friend:

WOW - Thank you God for this wonderful Driving/Adventure Day!

Driving Music for today - music from my purple nano (and don't you people worry - I get all my Jazz in the mornings in my room!):

Neil Young - Crazy Horse - Zuma, 1975 7th album:

Gordon Lightfoot - Did She Mention My Name?, 1968 3rd album:

Jackson Browne - Time the Conqueror, 2008 album:

James Taylor - Gorilla, 1975 6th album. Last verse of "Wandering":

I've been wanderin' early late
From the new york city to the golden gate
And it don't look like
I'll ever stop my wanderin'
No, it don't look like
I'll ever stop my wanderin'

And now for something LOUD (with the windows rolled down!): Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy, 1973 5th album:

Taken By Trees - East of Eden, 2009 2nd album:

The Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer, 2003 greatest hits album. Very similar to Endless Summer, up through "Good Vibrations" (where Endless Summer stops) - this has "Heroes and Villains", "Wild Honey", and "Darlin'" from 1967:

The Doors - Morrison Hotel, 1970 5th album - How can you NOT LOVE an album whose FIRST LYRIC is:

Oh, keep your eyes on the road,
your hands upon the wheel

The Patti Smith Group - Wave (3 songs), 1979 4th album - only 3 good songs:

The Steve Miller Band - Your Saving Grace, 1969 4th album. Ben Sidran was the keyboardist here (and on other Steve Miller Band albums), and I have always liked his touch:

Tom Rush - Tom Rush, 1970 album:

Tom Rush - Wrong End Of The Rainbow, 1970 album:

Then because my purple nano ran out of power: The Rolling Stones - Love You Live (cd 1), 1977 double-live album:

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment