Sunday, June 23, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 2-of-35 - June 23, 2024

Sunday, June 23, 2024 - I crossed AN INTERNATIONAL BORDER today - I know it is "no big deal" to go to Canada, but I still get a little nervous at "border crossings". I hit the road about 9:30 AM, and checked into the Motel des Cascades, Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec at 7:30 PM, with a nice stop at Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec:
oh, and did I mention 13 Post Offices in Northern New York State, plus another 13 "Canada Post" over The Border:

You know, Northern New York State is a lot less crowded than I expected:

I hit The Border at 1 PM:

As I was driving from Montreal to Quebec City, there was a huge downpour that lasted at least 2 hours - I felt I was experiencing more rainfall than Nevada gets IN A YEAR! I reached Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec at 4:24 PM (they close at 5):

Although their paintings by Robert Scott Duncanson and J.M.W. Turner were not on display, it is still a pretty cool place to visit - I love their Main Staircase:

I guess their elevators need to handle REALLY BIG THINGS:

One piece really caught my eye - Jean Paul Riopelle - "Spain", 1951 oil. (Canada's Jackson Pollock?):

There is a lovely exhibition of Rembrandt etchings from the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen:

My 4 favorite pieces are:

Still raining outside:

nice hike around the Museum:

After 382 miles, I checked into the Motel des Cascades in Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec:

Thank you God for this wonderful Art-and-Adventure Day!

Music for today - music from my iPod:

Pete Townshend - Empty Glass, 1980 2nd solo album:

various - Endless Highway - The Music of The Band, 2007 tribute album:

Pink Floyd - The Endless River, 2014. The Endless River is a double-album that comprises mainly instrumental and ambient music composed of material recorded during sessions for the previous Pink Floyd album. Not Very Good:

The Beach Boys - Endless Summer, 1974 compliation album:

And Now It's Time for Canadian Musicians!!

Neil Young - Neil Young, 1968 1st solo album:

Bryan Adams - Reckless, 1984 album - MORE GREAT RIFFS:

Joni Mitchell - Miles Of Aisles [Live], 1974 live double album:

Gordon Lightfoot - Back Here On Earth, 1968 4th album:

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen, 1967 debut album - 3 songs are on the soundtrack for "McCabe & Mrs. Miller":

Rush - Retrospective II 1981-1987, 1997 compliation album - GREAT for rocking across Canada!!!

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment