Wednesday, June 26, 2024

2024 Summer Road Trip - Day 5-of-35 - June 26, 2024

Wednesday, June 26, 2024 - 309 miles today. After Breakfast, and Mr. Moose seeing his Canadian Cousins, I hit the road at 10 AM:

309 miles today, Heading West:

It is 48 degrees this morning - I wonder what camping in René Brunelle Provincial Park will be like.

It is not always "clear sailing" driving across Canada:

I entered Ontario just before 2 PM:

which is pretty beautiful country:

On 101 West:

So, Thunder Bay is 715 kilometers away. If I do my math correctly, that's 444 miles - not today!

I made it to René Brunelle Provincial Park at 5:30

The computer had me in their system, so I got their brochure/book (with a map) and headed to my campsite:

The Park is on the east side of "Remi Lake":

I drove up to "Pointe Phipps Point" to see one of their play-areas/beaches:

Very nice marsh on my way back to my tent:

I crawled in at 8 PM, and after a sudoku, rolled over and went to sleep. WOW - Thank you God for this wonderful Driving/Camping/Adventure Day!

Driving Music for today:

Todd Rundgren - Anthology, 1989 album:

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks, 1968 2nd album - I have never really listened to this album with my windows rolled up - Excellent:

So, the other day at home I started listening to a live Springsteen download (2009/11/08 New York, NY) - he (and The E-Street Band) did all of "The River" that night. But after the concert's 1st song, on his way to introducing "The River" songs, Bruce said that "last night we did The Wild, The Innocent and The E-Street Shuffle". THAT'S MY FAVORITE ALBUM! So I got the download, and today is the perfect day to listen to it.

Sidenote: Stevie Van Zandt ("Little Steven") said that when they were making "The Wild, The Innocent and The E-Street Shuffle", they listened to Astral Weeks all the time, and that it was a major influence.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - 2009/11/07 New York, NY - starting with "Thundercrack" and continuing for another 24 songs. What a wonderful experience!

Joe Jackson - Blaze of Glory, 1989 10th album:


Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends, 1968 album:

Jamie Cullum - Catching Tales, 2005 album:

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment