Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day Six: Cross Creek Trail #2006 in the Holy Cross Wilderness



On the road up to my turnoff (Tigiwon Road) there is a beautiful view on the right - it is part of the White River National Forest:



The trail I walked today was actually a mistake - in my excitement, I turned off my access road early (hey, I saw parked cars and thought "This is it!") I wound up hiking Cross Creek Trail #2006



link to Forest Service map/description

I did 5 miles out, and then did "Map My Walk" for the 5 miles back. It is a fun app that Wendy introduced to me. Oh, and less than a mile up the trail I SAW A MOOSE!



The trail goes over a bridge over Cross Creek



and the hike is beautiful



and there are two fly-fishermen down there in Cross Creek



There are groves of aspens



and beautiful lakes/marshes/meadows



But enough about me. I wanted to do a quick post about Wendy and Deede. They are spending the night in Pamplona, the hard part is behind them, and the flatland is before them (and they send everyone their love)


They are going east/right - to - west/left

Tuesday, Sept. 17
Super 8, 1128 US 24, Leadville, CO 80461 719.486.3637
1 hour -- Cross Creek Trail #2006 trailhead
4 1/2 hour -- hiking
1 hour -- Super 8, 1128 US 24, Leadville, CO 80461 719.486.3637

here is today's playlist:

Sade - Diamond Life


Drive-By Truckers - The Dirty South


(a short list because I do not listen to music on the trail)

and for those who want more music, in the hotel rooms I have gone through:

Robbie Robertson - Robbie Robertson (1st album)


Paul Simon - Paul Simon (1st album)


Fleetwood Mac - Rumours


Michael Franti & Spearhead - Stay Human


Pet Shop Boys - Discography: The Complete Singles Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment