Thursday, August 24, 2017

August 2017 - Day 21 (Pennsylvania to Home)

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - Pennsylvania to Home - 588 miles altogether:



I got to the west entrance of Eternal Flame Falls (a small waterfall located in the Shale Creek Preserve, a section of Chestnut Ridge Park in Western New York) around 9:15:

I figured that, even though there were NO SIGNS, the path-to-the-Falls would CERTAINLY BE MARKED:

As you can tell, my hike, DOES NOT MATCH the "official map" which I just pulled up for this blog:

no "Falls", but at least I got a nice hike-through-the-woods:


Back on the road through beautiful New York State countryside:


I then visited Letchworth State Park:

Here the Genesee River has carved the "Grand Canyon of the East" - looking north:

and then looking south:

Well, it is pretty impressive!! (and I didn't even stop and see the waterfalls)

I had the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad for lunch:


I-90 all the way back home, to 128 North. Home by 7, when it was TIME TO PARTY!



588 miles today ("Hey, what are all these Massachusetts license plates doing around me?") - This whole trip was 7,292 miles in 21 days! THANK YOU GOD for all the Beauty I was able to see, and places I could visit!

I started today by listening to Terry Tempest Williams The Hour of Land 9/9, 2016:

It is a collection of very nicely written stories of some of our National Parks - both personal stories, and historical/scientific background. I like it.

Music for today was more albums from my purple nano:

The Very Best of 10cc, 1997 (I like only 4 songs)

The fourth song is "Cry" (by Godley & Creme [who are 10cc]). The song was used in a January 10, 1986 episode of Miami Vice titled "Definitely Miami" (and is VERY COOL).

The Very Best of Booker T. & the MG's, 1994


The Very Best of Diana Krall, 2007 (only 4 songs are new)


The Very Best of MTV Unplugged, 2002


The Very Best of Orpheus, 1968 (only 1 song)

That one song is "Can't Find the Time", which was one of the first "FM radio songs" ("The Wind" by Circus Maximus was another).

The Very Best of Peter Allen, 1992 - 20 tracks!!


The Very Best of Sheryl Crow, 2003 - actually only one song: "Soak Up the Sun"


The Very Best of Todd Rundgren, 1997


Frank Sinatra - The Very Good Years, 1991 - 20 songs from his "Reprise years"

Track 17 is a killer live version of "The Lady Is a Tramp", which was recorded at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York, October 13, 1974.

various artists - VH1: I Love the 90's, 2004


various artists - VH1: The Best of Where Are They Now?, 2000


The Verve Pipe - Villians, 2011

actually, only 1 song - "The Freshmen"

Coldplay - Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, 2008


WOW, this little purple nano sure has a lot of GREAT MUSIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment