Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall 2015 - Day 37: Days Inn Cortland / McGraw, NY - HOME!

Monday, Oct 12, 2015 - Up to I-90, and home on the Mass Pike:

360 actual miles; 5 hours 29 min

The beautiful Fall Colors, and Farmland, make NY 206 (the shortcut I took between 81 South and 88 East) my New Favorite Road (no streams, though):




It was pretty driving on 88 East


Homeward Bound!


Massachusetts has the BEST COLORS!




Boston At Last, and not a cloud in the sky:


And after a (Deluxe) car wash, and a visit to Jiffy Lube, plus a gas-fill-up:

(cheapest since Arizona!)

I get to see my favorite Fall tree, on Central Street in Manchester-by-the-Sea:


WRAP-UP!! 37 Days - 12,070 miles!!


Ellie's Post Card collection:

She only has 36 because I forgot on our Sunday in San Francisco.

WHAT A GREAT ADVENTURE - Thank You God for the adventure, and for getting me home safe and sound!!

Music today was 82 songs from my iPod, in alphabetical order.

starting off with:
P.S. I Love You [Stereo] 1965 The Beatles The Early Beatles [Capitol Album]
and then ended the drive:
Paranoia Blues 1972 Paul Simon Paul Simon

The list can be accessed here

Tons of great music, including:
"Pacing the Cage", done both by Bruce Cockburn (his song) and Jimmy Buffett:
Sometimes the best map will not guide you
You can't see what's round the bend.

"Page 43" by Crosby & Nash:
Life is fine
Even with the ups and downs
And you should have a sip of it
Else you'll find it's passed you by

"The Painter" by Neil Young:
It's a long road
Behind me
It's a long road
Ahead

EXCELLENT ROCK N ROLL: 2 versions (studio & live) of "Panama" by Van Halen

3 versions of "Papa Oom Mow Mow" (or "Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow" if you prefer hyphens) by The Muppets and The Rivingtons

The BoDeans, Bruce Springsteen, and Sade all have songs (different songs) titled "Paradise" - I have both a studio version and a live version of each, and they all sound good!

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire (I have done 39-of-48 thru September 2015)
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Yayayayayayay CONGRATULATIONS on completing an amazing adventure!!! Love CCD

    ReplyDelete