Monday, August 29, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 5/42 - 8/29/2022

Monday, August 29, 2022 - It's Monday, which is when almost all Museums are closed, so it is time to just head down the highway. - 528 miles today:

I mailed Ellie's postcard in Pleasant Dale, Nebraska:

After 3-and-1/2 hours I passed the exit for Gothenburg, Nebraska:
That sounded familiar - that was the exit I took in August 2017 to watch the Total Eclipse (read blog here)!

Nebraska is still flat and dry:

After doing work at a McDonald's in Cheyenne, Wyoming, I made it to Colorado at 4 PM:


Gene and Sarah have 2 great kids, 1 Very Big Dog, and a wonderful home with a SUPER VIEW:

Their driveway, however, needs a little improvement:

The river across from their driveway is "Cache la Poudre River:

The sun was going down as I made my way over to Doug and Mia in Windsor, Colorado:

THANK YOU GOD for wonderful Family to visit!

Music for today -

Isaac Hayes - Shaft, 1971 double album soundtrack:
The Title Song is eternal and excellent. The rest of the album is ok, except you can delete the 15-minute "Do Your Thing".

Little Feat - Dixie Chicken, 1973 third album:
I saw them when they opened for Bonnie Raitt at Penn (Irvine Auditorium) on March 30, 1973. Bonnie loved them, and I thought they were pretty good.

Maeve - The Simple And The Wonderful, 2004:

Michael Andrews - Donnie Darko, 2002:
2 excellent versions of "Mad World" (original by Tears for Fears)

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Yell Fire! Live, 2007:
In my opinion, Michael Franti & Spearhead are the PERFECT BLECD OF ROCK AND REGGAE. Whenthis cd came out, I rushed down to the Newbury Comics in Burlington to get it - they were the only ones who had it!!!

Michael Jackson - Thriller, 1982:

Mogwai - The Hawk Is Howling, 2008:
heavy trance - delete

Taj Mahal - De Ole Folks At Home, 1969 third album:
This album was released as the 2nd disc of a 2-album-set. The first disc is Giant Steps - it is electric (and VERY GOOD), with Jesse Ed Davis on electric guitar. He had a Very Smooth style. De Ole Folks At Home is acoustic banjo and guitar.

Bob Dylan - Desire, 1976:
This sounded so good that I listened to it twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment