Friday, August 26, 2022

2022 Fall Trip - Day 2/42 - 8/26/2022

Friday, August 26, 2022 - A LOT OF COMPUTER WORK (they have great internet out here in Americxa), and left the Super 8 in Brookville, PA at 8:30 AM, with stops at 4 MUSEUMS: the Akron Art Museum, the Columbus Museum of Art, the Springfield Museum of Art, and the Dayton Art Institute. Checked into the Super 8 in Plymouth, IN at 8:35 (just when the sun is going down, out here on the far-left end of the Eastern Time Zone) - 540 miles in 13 hours 50 minutes:

Fun room-key at Super 8:

I reached the Akron Art Museum at 11:15

They have a fun "Wall of American Artists":

Albert Bierstadt - "Landscape, Western Mountains", n.d. oil:

other art includes Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein:


Lunch at Wendy's (that "Wendy's", not my "Wendy's"), and the Columbus Museum of Art at 2 PM (with their Henry Moore out front):

They have 5 Monets:

Claude Monet - "Seascape at Pourville", 1882 oil:

And 2 paintings by Pablo Picasso:

"Boy with Cattle", 1906 oil:
"Female Nude (I Love Eva)", 1912 oil:

a nice Alexander Calder - "Intermediate Model for the Arch", 1975 steel:

Since I took this picture at 2:42, there is no way I can make my "next museum" 2 1/2 hours down the road (which closes at 4:30). I pulled up my app ("Where's the Art") and saw that the Springfield Museum of Art is 30 miutes away, and closes at 5 - so away we go!
Nice museum (I was here before for their Hudson River School artists), but none of their art was on display today. They had "local artists", for their Big Dinner this evening. So I pulled out my 2nd app ("Where's Claude Monet"), and saw that the Dayton Art Institute is an hour down the road, and open until 5. I got there at 4:30

Vincent van Gogh - "Champ aux Meules de Ble (Wheat Stack Field)", 1890 oil:

William Stanley Haseltine - "Porto Venere, Spezia, Italy", 1878 oil:

Albert Bierstadt - "Scene in Yosemite Valley", about 1864-74 oil:

Francesco Guardi - "The Torre Dell' Orologio (The Clock Tower), Venice", about 1760 oil:

Claude Monet - "Waterlilles", 1903 oil:


I left there right at 5, drove north, and crossed over into Indiana, which has a lot of corn fields and power towers:

15 minutes before I checked-in, at 8:35 PM:

Bed while watching a baseball game - Thank you God for this wonderful Art-Adventure Day!

Music for today - Last week I had ripped (just for the heck of it) a 10-cd set: Woodstock - Back to the Garden - 50th Anniversary Collection (2019):
Today I got through the last 3 cds. The Band was great.

12 Cellists Of The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - Cello Submarine, 1995:

Adiemus - Adiemus II: Cantata Mundi, 1996:

The Michael Stanley Band - Right Back At Ya' (1971-1983), 1983:
They are an Ohio-band. And Chrissie Hynde is from Ohio.

The Pretenders - Pretenders, 1979:

The Pretenders - Pretenders II, 1981:

And then it was time to listen to Indiana's Favorite Son - John Cougar Mellencamp:

John Cougar, 1979 debut album:

Scarecrow, 1985:

No comments:

Post a Comment