Monday, October 3, 2016

Fall 2016 - Day 19: Super 8 Green River, WY - CAR REPAIR DAY - Estes Park, CO

Monday, Oct 3, 2016 - Left Green River at 7:30 AM to get to Honda Service in Rock Springs by 7:50 - Car Repair in Rock Springs - visited the Univ. of Wyoming Art Museum, Laramie, WY - 4 NEW TIRES at Sears in Cheyenne, WY, then down to Doug and Mia in Estes Park, Colorado:

375 total miles today!

The Honda dealership in Rock Springs, Wyoming sure has an interesting decor:




I wonder if HGTV knows about this?

Seriously though, the people were GREAT and they fit me in and fixed my detached plastic engine-under-protecter, which had come loose from bottoming-out on dirt roads.

The day was torrential rain and howling winds:




It had cleared somewhat by the time we got to the museum in Laramie:


a beautiful Thomas Moran - Cliffs of the Upper Colorado River, chromolithograph


Albert Bierstadt - In the Tetons, n.d.:


And the we discovered a WHOLE WING of art by Alfred Jacob Miller!! 2 favorites are:
The Rendezvous Near Green River - Oregon, 1837


title unknown, 1837:


I bet you did not know that Wyoming has an "Official State Dinosaur":

I wonder what the "Official State Dinosaur" is for Massachusetts? (I'd vote for T. Rex)

The guys at Sears in Cheyenne were WONDERFUL, and got 4 New Excellent tires onto my Fit! (I guess at 55,000 miles, they were getting a little smooth) [Thank you God - Thank you Wonderful Wifeness]

Beautiful drive up the Colorado canyons in the setting sun:


Great day driving and spending time with my wonderful wife (and Good Job with all the Car Repair work!) Thank You God for these wonderful adventures!

Music today was from my big iPod - continuing "2nd Albums" today:

Jefferson Airplane - After Bathing At Baxter's, 1967


The Beatles - The Beatles' Second Album, 1964


Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold as Love, 1967


R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction, 1985

my mistake - this is R.E.M.'s 3rd album.

Lyrics: "Maps and Legends"
Down the way the road's divided
Paint me the places you have seen
Those who know what I don't know
Refer to the yellow, red, and green

Maybe he's caught in the legend
maybe he's caught in the mood
Maybe these maps and legends
Have been misunderstood

Rod Stewart - Gasoline Alley, 1970


Steely Dan - The Royal Scam, 1976

my mistake - this is Steely Dan's 5th album.

The Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!, 1970 live

(this was their 2nd "Live Album")

Temperature-wise, it was 37º F and snowing in Rock Springs at 9:38 AM - 71º F at 5:37 PM driving through Colorado.

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine (On Sept. 1, I joined Deede and Tad hiking Mt. Katahdin [Hunt Trail] - his final day on the AT!)
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment