Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fall 2016 - Day 15: Lake Oswego, OR - Maryhill Museum of Art - Super 8 Boise, Idaho

Thursday, Sept 29, 2016 - Drive east (up the Columbia River!) to Maryhill Museum of Art, and continue on to Super 8 in Boise, Idaho:

448 total miles today!

A Beautiful Day going up through The Dalles along the Columbia River:



Cool rock formations on the north side of the river:


The Maryhill Museum of Art has a very nice Rodin collection:

The Minotaur, c. 1886, bronze and plaster





Individual works I was interested in were not available for viewing, but they had a wonderful cafe with lunch out on the porch over the Columbia River:



Back on the road again:

And into Idaho:


I practically LIVED on 84 East today (over 410 miles!), so I wanted a picture:


After a nice dinner, back at the Super 8 I watched a WONDERFUL video: "Springsteen & I" on the Showtime channel. It was a film made by putting fans' self-videos about experiencing Bruce, together with archival footage of Springsteen in concert!! Thank You God for these wonderful adventures!

Music today was from my big iPod - Wendy's Choice today:

Warren Zevon - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (anthology), 1996


Jackson Browne - Lawyers In Love, 1983


Jackson Browne - Lives In The Balance, 1986


Marc Cohn - Marc Cohn, 1991


Marc Cohn - The Rainy Season, 1993


Jackson Browne - I'm Alive, 1993


Jackson Browne - For Everyman, 1973


Still playing "Check Off The License Plates" - AK today.

Temperature-wise, it was 55º F at 8:15 AM - 92º F at 4:25 PM -

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine (On Sept. 1, I joined Deede and Tad hiking Mt. Katahdin [Hunt Trail] - his final day on the AT!)
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment