Saturday, September 24, 2016

Fall 2016 - Day 10: Super 8 Spokane, WA - Seattle-Tacoma Int’l Airport - Seattle Art Museum - Ferry to Victoria, B.C.

Saturday, Sept 24, 2016 - Left Spokane at 7:30, got to Seattle-Tacoma Int’l Airport at noon to pick up Wendy. Then up to the Seattle Art Museum, then Clipper Ferry to Victoria, British Columbia:


BIG FOG this morning! Driving west, I was right next to the Columbia River:



I'm 77 miles east of Seattle, Washington, and I'm still on I-90 West!!!!:


I picked up my Beautiful Bride a little after noon at the Airport, and we headed up into Seattle:


Visiting the Seattle Art Museum:

Albert Bierstadt - Puget Sound on the Pacific Coast, 1870


Sanford Robinson Gifford - Mount Rainier, Bay of Tacoma - Puget Sound, 1875


Frederic Edwin Church - A Country Home, 1854


Jackson Pollock - Sea Change, 1947


Andy Warhol - Double Elvis, 1963/1976


So, in the Seattle Art Museum Cafe, what if you just want a "cup of coffee"?:


With a farewell-view back at Seattle, we headed off to Victoria, British Columbia of Vancouver Island:


It was PRETTY COOL - as we landed, they were firing off a 21-gun-salute (with cannon!) for us. And there was 25,000 people swarming around us as we tried to walk a few blocks to our Budget car rental. Oh, wait, we were actually sharing the day with another famous couple from out-of-town:


Had a FUN dinner at a local burger/bar, and I saw a Yukon license plate:


What a Great Adventure!! Being with Wendy now, I have no itinerary, and that is FINE. I can't wait to see what the next few days hold! Thank You God for these wonderful adventures!

Music today was from my big iPod, continuing in the Y's:

Yes - The Yes Album, 1971


Yes - Yessongs, 1973 live album


The Beatles - "Yesterday" and Today, 1966


Still playing "Check Off The License Plates". Today I saw: the YUKON!!!.

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine (On Sept. 1, I joined Deede and Tad hiking Mt. Katahdin [Hunt Trail] - his final day on the AT!)
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment