Sunday, November 2, 2014

Upper Midwest - Day Sixteen (Bakersfield - St. Paul's Church, Barstow - Flagstaff, AZ)

long day ahead of me - 500 miles:


East of Bakersfield is a lot of nowhere, except the occasional Joshua Tree


remind you of anybody?


I was able to go to a very nice church service at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Barstow, CA at 10 AM (I got there at 9:55)



The clouds are fascinating - because of the vast space, they are their own little entities, helping to dot the landscape with their shadows and showers




And, of course, I wanted to capture that "who did the lighting" time of day



My timing was perfect - I pulled into Flagstaff just as it was getting dark - the Arizona roads have such great vistas that I don't want to miss any of them. Thank you God for safe travels!

Guess where I'm going tomorrow?


Sunday, November 2, 2014

I started this morning with Sunday Brunch With The Beatles:
Rubber Soul (1965)


Revolver (1966)

favorite lyric, from the beginning of "Got to Get You Into My Life":
I was alone, I took a ride
I didn't know what I would find there.

since this is my last day in California, let's go out with The Doors (who were from LA)
The Doors - Waiting for the Sun (1968)


The Doors - The Soft Parade (1969)


The Doors - Morrison Hotel (1970)


The Doors - L.A. Woman (1971)

favorite lyric, from "L.A. Woman":
Drivin' down your freeway

And maybe my favorite lyric of all (from "The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat)"):
No eternal reward
will forgive us now
for wasting the dawn.

and I went through a little rain shower right before "Riders On The Storm" came on.

and of course I need good rock and roll for driving down the highway at 80 mph!
Led Zeppelin I (1969)


Led Zeppelin II (1969)


Led Zeppelin III (1970)


Led Zeppelin IV (1971)


No comments:

Post a Comment