Saturday, November 1, 2014

Upper Midwest - Day Fifteen (Yosemite Valley - Bakersfield)

The temperatures crashed last night, and I woke up to SNOW ON THE CAR:

well, ok, so its not that much snow - but they closed Tioga Road through the Park (so no Bishop bouldering - down to Bakersfield instead). Unfortunately for me, because of downed trees, they had to close my (the Hwy 120) entrance, so I had to go out-and-down-and-around to get into the Park via Hwy 140:


It was 34 and snowing as I left, but it was 54 and sunny once I got out of the National Park/National Forest area

Back in the park, I saw a deer with antlers (I saw two other deer today also). The clearing storm made the place iconic:






I hiked (3 miles round trip) up to Inspiration Point. WOW:

kind of reminds me of someone else's photograph:

Ansel Adams - Clearing Winter Storm

and as I left Yosemite, a rainbow came out


Because of the extra time I spent in Yosemite, I had to drive an hour in the dark down to Bakersfield - don't worry, it WAS WORTH IT!!!!
Thank you thank you God for a beautiful Yosemite trip!

Saturday, November 1, 2014
330 miles

more Bay Area music for the day: The Doobie Brothers - Livin' On The Fault Line (1977)


The Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute (1978)


Fleetwood Mac - Tusk (double album, released 1979)

(Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were from LA)

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel of Love (released 1987)


No comments:

Post a Comment