Monday, October 7, 2013

Day Twenty-Six: Springfield, OH - Hocking Hills State Park, Logan, OH - Wheeling, WV



After all the rain of the past two days, a beautiful morning in Ohio


I found myself at Ash Cave trail at Hocking Hills State Park


Ash Cave is carved out of soft limestone, and is a HUGE area (see the small couple at the bottom of the picture to get a sense of scale!)


It was a beautiful morning for a hike


and then I found THE FIRE TOWER!


which I am allowed to climb. View from the top


I then went around to another part of the State Park: Cedar Falls


I stopped in downtown Wheeling, West Virginia for a cup of coffee and to figure out where I was and where I was going. Good time today allowed me to check-in and get these blogs done!


Monday, Oct. 7
Super 8, Springfield, OH
2 hours -- Hocking Hills State Park, Logan, OH
3 hours -- Super 8, 2400 National Road, Wheeling, WV

here is today's playlist:

The J. Giels Band - The J. Giels Band (1st album)


Santana - Abraxas


The Animals - Absolute Animals: 1964-1968


Jethro Tull - Aqualung


The Doors - Waiting For The Sun


Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here


2 comments:

  1. I love fire towers. I almost made a career of living in them. I hope you got to work the Osborne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you climbed to the top, that it so cool and scary! Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete