Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day Twenty-and-a-half: Itinerary Update

The second-half of my travels has changed since I started this trip. The primary reason is the terrible flooding that has been happening in Northern Colorado, specifically in the Estes Park area - the Big Thompson River became so powerful it destroyed the southern route into Estes Park US Hwy 36. In fact, Google Maps will not allow that road to be used for traveling! People are generally safe and sound, but properties are generally destroyed.

That means that the Estes Park part of my travels must be postponed, including hiking in the Rocky Mountain National Park. Which is just as well, since the Federal government just closed the Parks. Because my National Parks explorations are behind me, I am looking ahead to State Parks and Art Museums

Original 2nd-half:




Revised trip home, with more Art Museums




I'll see you in my Daily Updates to keep you posted on each segment. God Bless Us All!

No comments:

Post a Comment