Thursday, May 9, 2019

Reynolda (NC) & Chrysler (VA) Art Museums, Day 1/3

Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Wendy has a 3-day Clergy Conference (Thursday-Friday-Saturday), so I'm HITTING THE ROAD:

I hope to see 6 art museums, have lunch with my Best Man in Raleigh, North Carolina, and cover over 1700 miles - "Road Trip" indeed!

Today I logged 724 miles:

Left the house at 6 AM, breakfast in Boston, then down the road.

I had corresponded with the Director of The Trout Gallery, Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA, and was hoping to see some pictures in their storage there. They close at 4 PM, but I was hoping to get there at 3:30 - unfortunately the traffic out there on the Interstates is bad-in-places, and the drive took 10% longer than expected. I arrived at 4:15, and everything was closed:

another day, another year ...

It was fun hitting 81º F on I-81 South:

(I just hope the same type of relationship DOES NOT HAPPEN on Saturday, when I coming back north on I-95)

It is Really Nice driving down the Shenandoah Valley, on the backside of the Blue Ridge Mountains:

very peaceful and easy-going, smooth road and minimal traffic, with the light of the sun lowering in the west.

Dinner on the road at 8 PM:

(I just can't keep away from Wendy!)

I checked into the Super 8 in Roanoke, Virginia at 9 PM:

Thank you God for these Wonderful Adventures!

I'm listening to Ellie Dixon's cds! Driving Music today was:

Disney - High School Musical 3: Senior Year, 2008


Sam Smith - In the Lonely Hour, 2014


Lady Gaga - The Fame, 2008


Justin Nozuka - You I Wind Land and Sea, 2010


Justin Nozuka - holly, 2007


Michael Franti & Spearhead - The Sound of Sunshine, 2010


Pixie Lott - Turn It Up Louder, 2010


Britney Spears - Circus, 2008


Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth, 2005


Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift - 1st album, 2006 (1st album)


Ellie Goulding - Delirium, 2015 (double album)


various artists - Waiting to Exhale, 1995 soundtrack


Matt Nathanson - Sings His Sad Heart, 2018


Britney Spears - Britney Jean, 2013


Jennifer Lopez - On the 6, 1999 (1st album)


No comments:

Post a Comment