Monday, July 18, 2016

The Kentucky Trip: Day One

Mon, July 18, 2016 - Wendy is on the Vineyard for a week, so I am heading to Kentucky to see some art (and some "ark" - ha ha - more about that tomorrow!) [I got a little grief about my last blog - "Maine is not WEST!" - so I hope this satisfies the purists out there]:

723 actual miles today; left at 8 AM, 11:10 check-in at Super 8, New Stanton, PA (bad traffic on I-78 in New Jersey). (I think that is too far for me to go in one stretch - I wound up with a crink in my back - oh well)

No big activities today - just driving. Wendy and I had a wonderful lunch at The Flying Bridge restaurant on Falmouth Harbor, and I left her at 12:18. HOT 98º going through East Providence at 1:30, but it cooled down to 75º at 4:18 after a rainstorn in New York State. The sky turned out BEAUTIFUL:


Check-in at 11:10 - Thank You God for these journeys of life, that sometimes stretch us.

Music today was 122 songs from my iPod, in alphabetical order.
All starting with "All"!!

starting off with: All About Our Love by Sade from "Lovers Rock", 2000
through:
All The Young Dudes [live] by Ian Hunter from "Shades of Ian Hunter", 1980

Tons of great music, including: 14 versions of "All Along The Watchtower": Bob Dylan/Dave Matthews/Grateful Dead/Jimi Hendrix/Michael Hedges/U2

2 versions of "All at Sea" by Jamie Cullum (studio - Twentysomething [2004]; live - Twenty Zer05 [2004])

2 versions of "All Down The Line" by the Rolling Stones (studio - Exile On Main Street [1972]; live - Shine A Light [2008])

Diana Krall, The Eagles and Lionel Richie all doing different songs titled "All Night Long"

"All That You Dream" by Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus, 1978, lyrics:
"Just follow the rule:
Keep your eyes on the road that's ahead of you."

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire (I have done all 48-of-48 thru July 2016!!)
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment