Sunday, October 26, 2014

Upper Midwest - Day Nine (Glendale - LAX - Autry Museum of the American West - Santa Barbara Museum of Art - Whittier)

From our hotel in Glendale, I dropped Wendy off at LAX for her flight back to Boston. I then went up to the Autry Museum of the American West, which has a fantastic Thomas Moran - Mountain of the Holy Cross, 1875

and it is shown among other beautiful paintings

I was not aware of their other paintings: William Kieth, Worthington Whittredge, Alfred Jacob Miller, Albert Bierstadt (3)
Alfred Jacob Miller - Indian Encampment on the Wind River, c. 1850

Albert Bierstadt - Sunset on the Plains, undated

Albert Bierstadt - Mountain Lake, undated

Albert Bierstadt - On the Merced River, c. 1865


Then up along the coast to Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara is a lovely town

and I was "Psyched" to be here:

The Santa Barbara Museum of Art's Hudson River paintings are out on tour, but they have 3 Monets, 2 of which I LOVE:


I headed back down the coast to LA

and back to my nice room at Motel 6 in Whittier

Wendy made it home safe-and-sound - thank you God for another great day!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

since I'm in LA, its only music by The Eagles today!

No comments:

Post a Comment