Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Upper Midwest - Day Five (Rantoul, IL - St. Louis - Tulsa - Elk City, OK)

OH WOW - Instead of heading east and meeting Wendy at Logan Airport Thursday night, I am heading WEST TO MEET DEEDE IN LA!!

It took 3 hours to get from Super 8 Rantoul, IL to Wendy and Ellie in St. Louis
(I spent 45 minutes with them!)
Then it took 5 1/2 hours to get down to the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, OK
(I stayed until closing at 5)
Then a final 3 hours west to Super 8 Elk City, OK (I stayed here on my trip a year ago)



Once the sun comes up, we get to play with car shadows!


It is always nice seeing the St. Louis Arch


and, of course, a selfie with Ellie and Wendy in Ellie's apartment in St. Louis!


I was able to get to the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, OK by 4:30, so I had a GREAT half-hour before their closing at 5. They have a "no photos" policy (see my dixonheadingwest blog from Oct. 3, 2013), but "out there on the internet" is a good image of Thomas Moran's The Glory of the Canyon, 1875


On my way to Elk City (the sun is setting), I hit 2940 miles, which means, at 29.4 miles-per-gallon, I had just used 100 gallons of gasoline


That was a long day - 840 miles - but, hey, I've got to get to LA!

(I don't even remember the music I listened to that day)(but I know it was GREAT)

No comments:

Post a Comment