Friday, August 27, 2021

2021 Fall Trip - Day 4 - 8/27/2021

Friday, August 27, 2021 - Big Day Today, going from Duluth, Minnesota to Williston, North Dakota - 603 miles in 12 hours:

I got to the McDonald's in Grand Rapids, Minnesota at 8:54 - in time for my 9 AM purchases of either a "Going-to-the-Sun Road Pass for 8/29/2021", or a "Apgar Visitor Center Ticket-to-Ride 11am-noon time slot for 8/29/2021":
McDonald's was drive-thru-only, but their wifi was fine in my car. Unfortunately it was a worse experience than buying concert tickets - the recreation.gov website was overloaded (but they told me that), so when I refreshed, I just watched the "tickets available" just get less and less, until they were sold-out (for both options). Oh well, we'll just see what happens - I have back-up plans.

After blogging, gas station, and grocery store, I was on the road at 10 AM - which is when the rain started:

Fun Post Offices are:

Bagley, MN 56621
Fosston, MN 56542
Erskine, MN 56535
Crookston, MN 56716
Rugby, ND 58368, with the grain elevators out back:
Minot, ND 58701

Yes, I'm following the same US Route 2 that starts back in Massachusetts. That is one reason for my specific route this time out west.

I saw my first Gas Flare in western North Dakota:

And then there was a BIG STORM ahead on me:
I got through it ok, and then it was behind me:

Clear sailing ahead of me:

Checked into the Super 8 in Williston, North Dakota at 7:04 PM (Central Time):
604 miles in 12 hours. WOW - Thank You God for these GREAT ADVENTURES (and for a great car to get me through these adventures)!

Music for today:

various - Rockin' 70s


various - Greatest Hits of the 70's


This music is A LOT OF FUN! I wanted to list the tracks, but I'm running out of time. Maybe later.

Michael Franks - Abandoned Garden, 1995


And because I'm going through Minnesota and North Dakota, I wanted to hear Field Report

Field Report, 2012 first album



Brake Light Red Tide, 2020


Field Report Live — The Back Room at Colectivo, recorded 2019, released 2020


Summertime Songs, 2018

WOW - wasn't that a fun adventure into the life of Field Report!

Willy Mason - Carry On, 2012


Chris Whitley - Living With The Law, 1991 first album


Billy Bragg and Wilco - Mermaid Avenue, 1998


Billy Bragg and Wilco - Mermaid Avenue Vol. II, 2000


No comments:

Post a Comment