Saturday, February 8, 2020

Big Bend Nat'l Park, Day 6/6 - flying home

Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020 - I bet you think coming home from Del Rio, Texas is just a matter of drive-fly-drive. But NOOOOO, there is a lot more to it than that!


After breakfast I left Del Rio at 6:45. 30 minutes later I was slowing down to go through Brackettville - I just didn't slow down enough. I took this nice picture of the sunrise:

while I was stopped

getting a ticket for going 50-in-a-40-mph-zone:


I didn't find out until Tuesday (when I called the Kinney County Justice of the Peace) that it was $230.00!!

Well, what do they say - "Don't mess with Texas"

Since I pad my time a little, I made it to San Antonio in plenty of time to fill up the gas, return the rental car, check-in my "2 free bags", and still get through customs for my 11 AM flight to Baltimore/Washington Int'l Airport.

I arrived safely/easily at BWI in the early afternoon:


Sign on the gangway getting into the next airplane:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with "That Problem".

Good takeoff (my fourth-of-four window seats!!):

Nice to see the Chesapeake Bay:

and the snows of New Hampshire:


Landed at 5:30 PM. After cleaning off the snow and ice, I drove down to Peabody, and had a yummy dinner with Wendy at Five Guys!!


When I got home, Wendy just had to take a picture of my hiking boots:

Yeah, that "Rio Grande mud/clay" really gets on there.

What a wonderful collection of hikes - all of them:

Zoom-in on Chisos Basin:


As I like to quote once in a while, there is a Latin Proverb:
"Solvitur Ambulando"
(The problem is solved by walking around)

What can I say - Thank You God for these wonderful adventures!!

and a special shout-out to Shannon Lane at the Manchester Athletic Club. Without her Step Class (Mon-Wed-Fri, 9 AM - 10 AM), I would not be able to do this physical activity!!

Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/Adirondacks
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment