Monday, August 27, 2018

Fall 2018, Day 3 - Krannert Art Museum (OH-IN-IL)

Monday, August 27, 2018 - Krannert Art Museum (OH-IN-IL) - 517 miles today:



Well, it looks like it is a "driving day" today, with only one scheduled stop. I slept a little later, wrote yesterday's blog, and hit the road a little after 9. Today looks good, but the breakfast tv had some disturbing news:

Well, it was 96℉ going through Peoria this afternoon, so we'll see!

Sometimes the road is a lot of fun:



There is A LOT OF CORN in Indiana:


I was 5 minutes late for my 2 PM (Central Time) meeting at the Krannert Art Museum, Univ. of Illinois, Champaign, IL:


but I had a nice time with Kimberly Sissons, Collection Manager - she had pulled two pieces for me:
Homer Dodge Martin - "Landscape - Montvilliers", 1885:

Canaletto - "Village Sur La Brenta", 1741 etching



Two other lovely pieces on display in their collection:
Winslow Homer - "Cernay-la-Ville–French Farm", 1867

William Trost Richards - "Conanicut Island Shore", ca. 1875-1890


They have a wonderful gallery space:


And then it was time to get back on the road - 2 1/2 hours to the Super 8 in Monmouth, IL. After USING THE AIR CONDITIONING IN THE CAR, I need "cleansing" - how's this?:


Pizza, TV, computer stuff, and bed. WOW - Thank you God for this wonderful adventure day!

Sidenote about my Counting Crows concerts - the setlists were:

Over the course of three concerts, they played 24 separate songs (I don't really count "Happy Birthday" as a Counting Crows song), which equals about a concert-and-a-half. I loved all the shows, but the sound (for some reason) was Excellent at the New York State Fairgrounds (I'm going to get that download when available).

Music for today was albums from my big iPod:

because it sounded so good last night - The Band - Rock of Ages, 1972 live double-album


and then I kept moving up the "R" albums:

Lou Reed - Rock 'n' Roll Animal, 1974


Garland Jeffreys - Rock and Roll Adult, 1981 live album


Pat Metheny Group - The Road to You, 1993

To quote Wikipedia: "The Road to You is a live album by the Pat Metheny Group that won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Jazz Performance."

The Allman Brothers Band - The Road Goes On Forever, 1975 anthology double-album

and yes, the road does go on forever, God Willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment