Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Fall 2018 - 6 weeks On The Road

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - It is "Another Year", and it is "That Time Of Year":

First half:


Second half:


It is time to see Mountains and Grasslands, Waterfalls and Deserts, Art Museums and National Parks, Churches and ... no, I won't be going to bars (but I will be going to Rock Concerts!). I will be as far North as Theodore Roosevelt National Park (North Dakota), and as far South as Big Bend National Park (Texas). Leaving Home in the East, I hope to get as far West as Zion National Park in southwest Utah.

I expect to drive thousands of miles on Interstates, and hike dozens of miles in the Beartooth Mountains (Montana) and the Wind River Range (Wyoming). I hope to eat Gumbo in New Orleans, Barbecue in Memphis, PowerBars in Montana and Wyoming, and a lot of pizza and Super 8 waffles in between (don't forget fruit and vegetables!).

The first day on the road is Saturday, Aug. 25, getting home either Friday, Oct. 5 or Saturday, Oct. 6. Wendy will be flying out to join me in Salt Lake City, and we will spend 2 weeks seeing the National Parks in Utah (plus Lower Antelope Canyon), visiting relatives in southwest Colorado, and visiting friends (who were in my wedding party 39 years ago!) in Jackson, Wyoming. Wendy will fly back out of Jackson, and I'll continue south (more hiking in Colorado, then the Texas Mountains), then heading east, then northeast.

Should be quite an adventure - come along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment