Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Zealand 2017

For 4 weeks in February and March, the Dixons will be in NEW ZEALAND!! On Tuesday, February 14, Wendy and I will be flying WEST out of Logan, non-stop to LA, then LA-to-Brisbane (Australia), then Brisbane-to-Christchurch, landing at 2:30 on Thursday afternoon.

We want to see BEAUTIFUL BEACHES


Hike the Banks Peninsula:


See awesome mountains and fiords:


And See BRUCE in Auckland!!:


Although I have already done Google Maps for each day, I needed to hand-draw all the routes to see where we are going, overall. Our adventures in New Zealand will be broken up - 1 week down South, then 5 days up North, then the rest of the time back down South, with glaciers, mountains and fiords!:


Being a "North American guy", I have a very good sense of distances, at least here in the Continental USA. But of course I have no idea how "big" or how "small" New Zealand is - so I took some screenshots and put them together:

So - that's "How Big" the South Island is! Thanks for joining us on this Great Adventure!!

1 comment: