Wednesday, February 22, 2017

New Zealand 2017 - Day 7: Little Akaloa, Culverden

Wednesday, Feb 22 - A nice easy day today, driving from Akaroa up to Little Akaloa, then around Christchurch to Culverden:

(The FUN part is the first section:)


I wanted to go to another "Beautiful Bay" (Okains Bay), but after yesterday's adventure, I thought it would be a good idea to zoom-in and see just how good the roads are. Um, they looked WORSE THAN the road to Hickory Bay. So I went up out of Akaroa, then up onto Summit Rd, then down Little Akaloa Rd. SUMMIT ROAD is my new "favorite road"!!!:




We had lunch at the picnic table at the nice little park in Little Akaloa, looking out over the Bay:




More views back up on Summit Rd:



We stopped at the Little River Diner again - I was able to do my blog, and Wendy was able to coordinate Saturday-meetup with an Auckland friend FROM THE CAMINO!!

Beautiful grassland going through New Zealand:


We made it easily up to Culverden, got some wraps for dinner which we ate outside our room at the (very nice for being in the middle of nowhere) Culverden Court Motel. Thank you God for This Great Adventure!

Music today - more music from my green nano:

The Lumineers - The Lumineers, 2012


Jamie Cullum - Momentum, 2013


Steve Miller Band - Number 5, 1970


No comments:

Post a Comment