Saturday, February 25, 2017

New Zealand 2017 - Day 10: Bridal Veil Falls, BRUCE IN AUCKLAND!

Saturday, Feb 25 - Driving from Waitomo Caves up to Bridal Veil Falls Falls, then up to Auckland:


Twisty-Turny drive up to Bridal Veil Falls:

(once again walking through a rain forest/jungle):

The top of the falls is beautiful:

but the money-shots are from the viewing platform 3/4 down:

half-way down:

and all the way at the bottom:


Checked into the hotel in Auckland at 1:30, and met Wendy's friend from the Camino (Josie). They went for coffee-and-chatting, and I unloaded everything, wrote a blog, and then headed to Mt. Smart Stadium at 3:30 (on foot, along with everyone else):






It was a hot sunny day, and I was able to get kind-of-close to the stage:

The opening act was local, and didn't wow me. But JET was on next, and they were great!

They had the hit "Are You Gonna Be My Girl", which was used by Apple in an iPod ad (they were introduced by Little Steven tonight!!)

And then it was time for The Main Event: Bruce hit the stage at 7:25 with a pared-down E Street Band:

I was pretty close:


Backstreets wrote a GREAT CONCERT REVIEW, so please read that here:
[click here for review]

But then, of course, I have my pics and my own memories:






sometimes they get a little blurred, like our memories. Thank you, Bruce, for a GREAT 43 years (so far).

I found Wendy at an exit outside the stadium, and we walked home (only the second time I have ever "walked home" from a Bruce Springsteen concert). Thank you God for all your wonderful adventures today!

Music today - music from my big iPod:

Jackson Browne - For Everyman, 1973


Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia, 2000

I remember that WMVY had the title track (with James Taylor on co-vocals) in heavy play during the summer of 2001, and listening to the yellow boom box on the stern of our co-owned Shields in the Outer Harbor (Edgartown).

Van Morrison - Saint Dominic’s Preview, 1972


misc radio stations driving into Auckland

No comments:

Post a Comment