Saturday, April 21, 2018

Mass Audubon trail & Addison Gallery

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - Wendy is hosting a retreat at our house today, so I'm "out and about". After morning Bible Study at CTR, I ran some errands and worked out at the MAC rowing machine (266 calories in 20 minutes). Shower-shave-and-shine, and then Headed West (hey, technically the Transfer Station is west of the Heath Club). After that I went west only one exit to the Massachusetts Audubon Society property. Although it is just south of 128, it is still technically in Wenham, and I have been wanting to hike this property for a few years now:

It took me less than 18 minutes to hike the 0.72 miles:

It was a beautiful day to be out in the woods:

and I was the ONLY ONE when I got there, and when I left!

I headed down 128, got gas at Route 1, and then up to Andover.

I could have done a more-direct route, but I like staying on Interstates (95 and 93) when I can.

I was last up at The Addison Gallery of American Art (at Phillips Academy Andover, Andover, MA)

with Wendy in December 2014. Once again I was able to see beautiful paintings:
Frederic Church - Mount Katahdin, c. 1856:


Albert Bierstadt - The Coming Storm, 1869:


Albert Bierstadt - The Snow Mountain, c. 1863-68


Winslow Homer - Eight Bells, 1886:


Childe Hassam - Early Morning on the Avenue in May 1917, 1917:
I REALLY LIKE Childe Hassam's "Flag Paintings", and I made a Google Map of their locations.click here

Winslow Homer - Country School, 1873


Worthington Whittredge - Home by the Sea, 1872:


Jackson Pollock - Phosphorescence, 1947:


I then headed over to Ellie's in Ipswich to drop off some stuff and pick up some food. This is the Ipswich River down the path behind her condo:



I got home at 4, and we headed out at 5:30 to The AMC Four Thousand Footer Club 2018 Annual Meeting, Awards, and Dinner in Exeter, NH:


It was a lot of FUN, and the certificate I got for climbing all 67 4000-footers in New England:

goes very nicely with the one I got last year for doing the 48 4000-footers in New Hampshire:

Hey, maybe this part should have been over on dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com

Thank you God for a GREAT Adventure DAY!

For my listening pleasure, I have been doing Shuffle Songs on my iPod. 17,869 songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment