Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 2017 - Family Camp at The Bishop's Ranch

In late May, Deede was in New England for a wedding, and we got to have a great Sunday lunch on Charles Street in Boston. When we asked how her summer plans were shaping up, she talked about June projects, then "there's Family Camp in the first week of July, then ...". I said "Family Camp!? Do Mom and Dad sit around making wallets, playing with gimp, and eating smores??" and Deede said "Well, yea, kind of ..."

So we booked it! All four of us flew out early Sunday morning, July 2 - Boston/Logan to San Francisco airport. The girls rode a San Francisco cable car, while I parked and had a clam chowder bread bowl at Fishermans Wharf. Then we all had something at Ghirardelli Square (their original chocolate store), then headed north to The Bishop's Ranch in Healdsburg, California!









The pool opened each morning at 6:45 for Adult Swim:

(I was there!)

The Chapel opened each morning at 7 for Quiet Time, and 7:30 Morning Prayer:

(Wendy and Caroline were there!)

8 AM Breakfast, and the schedule for the day:

(I did Chapel Prep on Monday!)

I really like the stained glass windows in the Chapel:


And the view east, across Sonoma County, is lovely these July days:



As for activities, I did some big hikes on Monday and Thursday, and Wendy and I did a smaller one on Wednesday:








Wednesday afternoon we all went west to THE BEACH!! (Goat Rock in Sonoma Coast State Park):




I know why I thought it was SOOO COOOOL:


Of course there were Family Art Projects:

and singing-and-smores in the evening:


Friday we had "Family Time" and visited the Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve in Guerneville

and the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa



We left The Bishop's Ranch after Saturday breakfast. and I took the ladies back to San Francisco airport. I then headed east for 4 days of hiking in Yosemite! It was a little hot in the Central Valley:

so I figured listening to some "tropical music" would be a good idea! Spent the night in Jamestown, California - THANK YOU GOD for all these great adventures, and for this wonderful family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment