Saturday, Aug. 15, 2026 - I was able to take today a little easier. After "Saturday Morning Bible Study" (on Zoom, ending at 9), I drove northwest in Michigan for 271 miles, grabbing 30 Post Offices (and 1 Art Museum), and checked into the Days Inn in Norton Shores, MI at 6:30 PM:
I crossed into Michigan at 11:07
I saw nice "town signs" in Hillsdale, Tekonsha, and Marshall:
In Galesburg I stopped for a little gift for Wendy and me:
In Burlington I yelled "CONGRATULATIONS" to a fun wedding party!
I made it to the Kalamazoo Valley Museum at 3:30 (they close at 4):
a lovely painting by Thomas Hill - Mt. Popocatepetl, Mexico, ca. 1880 oil:
They also have a cool exhibit on the Gibson Guitar Company, which started out in Kalamazoo before moving to Nashville:
At one point I texted my sister Cary: "Making my way through brownies-and-M&Ms, as I make my way across the country":
Of course there is the occasional detour:
After 271 miles, I checked into the Days Inn in Norton Shores, MI:
Thank you God for another wonderful Adventure Day!
Music for today:
in this morning's hotel room - The National - High Violet, 2010 album, last heard 8/16/2025. They are from Ohio, and have a song "Bloodbuzz Ohio":
On The Road: The National - First Two Pages of Frankenstein, 2023 album, last heard 8/15/2025:
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive! (2 cds), 1976 live double-album, last heard never. lousy - sometimes The Past should stay in The Past:
Yes - Fragile, 1971 album, last heard 6/30/2024 - GREAT ALBUM:
Neil Young - Freedom, 1989 album, last heard 6/30/2024 - EXCELLENT:
Cream - Fresh Cream, 1966 debut album, last heard 6/30/2024. Excellent Classic Rock:
Elton John - Friends soundtrack, 1971 album, last heard 6/06/2021. lovely songs:
Grateful Dead - From the Mars Hotel, 1974 album, last heard 6/30/2026. you know, The Dead:
Jimmy Buffett - Fruitcakes, 1994 album, last heard 6/30/2024. you know, Jimmy Buffett
Shameless Plug: if you enjoy this blog, you may like my other one about Hiking the 4,000 footers in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine/New York:
hyperlink: dixonheadingnorth
http://dixonheadingnorth.blogspot.com/























No comments:
Post a Comment